Friday, August 26, 2005

You are getting sleepy...

Very sleepy...

After another pretty hectic week at the coal-face I shall be getting away from it all by going to Ballarat this weekend.

For anyone who does not know Ballarat, it has its own weather system separate from the rest of Melbourne: it is usually at least five degrees colder*. I have this on good authority as I have visited the area on previous occasions and a relative, lets call her Boo, studied at the University there which meant that she was forced to spend time there studying. Boo did quite well and I'm very proud of her but she has developed an enduring dislike of Ballarat, especially in Winter.

On the positive side, she also knows the best places to eat, drink and be merry on a student budget. As such, I have been introduced to a couple of pubs and a wonderful restaurant at the Golden City Hotel on the main drag called Gee Cee's. The food and ambience at this place is wonderful and the desserts are to die for.

I'm looking forward to some fabulous nosh in front of one of their open fires while outside the sun shines with that wintry glow.


* It even snowed there recently even though the area is not particularly mountainous.

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

4 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehehe ... "Boo" ... That makes me smile.

And "Gee Cee's"??

This is all starting to sound a little too much like an Enid Blyton book ...

8/26/2005 11:05:00 pm  
Blogger Riss said...

You like "Boo"? I like "Boo". And I also "like Boo".

I also like Mars Bar cheesecake, yum, and Gee Cee's make a pretty darn good one.

I'll have to take you there some day.

8/29/2005 01:55:00 pm  
Blogger BEVIS said...

Er, as in 'a date'?

Are you coming onto me, Riss?

What would our husbands say?

(Wait a minute ...)

8/29/2005 03:45:00 pm  
Blogger Riss said...

No, I meant you and your Wifey. I'm sure you would both enjoy.

8/29/2005 06:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home