Monday, August 29, 2005

It's not just make-believe

I will be waiting for you...

Went to Ballarat. It was very windy, but then I'm back in Melbourne now and it's still windy so that whole "different weather system" theory was just blown away.

Okay, now that you've all just gotten over groaning at the pun above, is anyone interested in hearing about Clunes? Really? You're not? No, neither am I.

I stayed in a hotel. I am a rare breed and actually like sleeping at a reasonable hour after a week at work and I get a bit cheesed when the people downstairs in the bar crank up Meatloaf to eleven at a quarter to midnight.

This is after the Grease megamix and a Beatles megamix. (I find it harder to block out the music when I can recognise it for some reason.)

Meatloaf woke me up again. He got turned down a bit after I rang the front desk and asked what time the music would be turned off.

On the positive side, I got to read a book while someone else prepared my meal and then only came and interrupted my flow when delivering a gastronomical delight to my table. I nearly finished the book in one sitting - I know, you're disappointed, I should have finished two!

If you like a good Paullina Simons book then I recommend The Girl In Times Square. It took me twenty-four hours to read which, to me, means it is a nice long book.

The hardest question I have to ask myself this week is whether to go and see Songs for a New World at the Gasworks Theatre or get some more sleep?

I took a trip while you were gone...

2 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

If my vote counts for anything, I'd say sleep.

(But then, I'd always say sleep.)

PS - THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!

:)

8/30/2005 01:45:00 pm  
Blogger Riss said...

Thanks for voting.

Glad you liked THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT.

*hug*

8/31/2005 08:45:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home