Monday, December 05, 2005

How Much is That Doggy in the Window?

The one with the waggly tail...

I had some great retail therapy yesterday. I think I like Christmas shopping because I actually get to go out and buy things. This is as opposed to the rest of the year when I'm trying not to spend lots of money. I also enjoy thinking about what the people in my life might enjoy receiving and would possibly have good use for instead of useless junk that would cause clutter or have no meaning as a gift.

So on Sunday I went to one of those large sprawling shopping monstrocities and had myself some fun. I had no pesky (bored) partner to worry about, it wasn't too close to Christmas and that meant that it wasn't too crowded. I had a nice long list of people to buy for and a discount voucher burning a hole in my handbag.

I visited Mecca Cosmetica and bought some DuWop venom gloss and Mecca Nailpolish just because I'm a girly-girl and they also have a nail polish with my name on it which hardly ever happens so of course I had to have some. I also went to the ABC Shop and bought a couple of DVDs for our family Kris Kringle (after a few phone calls with my Nanna who was a big help) as well as a book for my beloved and a book and a CD for myself. The CD is the soundtrack to the move "Little Fish" and I bought it because it was an intriguing film and I also found the music interesting. I especially like the different versions of Cold Chisel's Flame Trees by Sarah Blasko and the one by Cabramatta Primary School. A friend of mine says she nearly cries when she hears the primary school version. If you've seen the film then I would say that is a fair reaction. I also went to Target and bought some choccies, DVDs and another CD for myself by Paul Mac called Panic Room. I bought it for the first two songs on the album and am enjoying the rest of it immensely.

Only three more weeks to Christmas so I've got to bet my gifts for the UK packed up quickly to send otherwise they're not going to make it in time!

Down in the Panic Room, hurry and get here soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home