Sunday, November 06, 2005

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue

Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

I picked up my Lay-by today from The General Trader, my favourite kitchen supplies store.

Well, half of it.

The other half has been delayed on the Sydney docks at Customs after the recent implementation of their new tracking system didn't work so well.

That was also after the first shipment had been diagnosed as faulty and had been returned to the manufacturer.

So I only have my new Scanpan ceramic titanium frying pans. (We were getting a little worried about the old Teflon coated ones as the Teflon was starting to come off and, as it is carcinogenic, who wants to eat Teflon?)

When the other bits arrive I can bid goodbye to my K-Mart saucepan set and use new ones where the handles are bolted on and won't come loose or undone as they age. It's probably time that I graduated to a professional set and I'm looking forward to using them.

I also got a pretty good deal as I happened to be served in the store by the woman who helped Logan and I put together our Wedding Registry. The frying pans were on special and she told us that there was a special pack that was coming that combined three saucepans at a reduced price, so I preordered, and then because she sees me in the store buying the odd thing every so often (and she likes me), she gave me 15% off as well!

I feel special.

2 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

Whoa - we need new saucepans for the exact same reason you're describing here.

Maybe I should get you to go in there and buy another new set for us as if it were a second set for yourself ... all to piggy-back on your discount! (Do you think she'd be that stupid?)

:)

Not really, don't worry. But we probably do need to get a new saucepan set at some stage. The ones we've got are all very good and so on (and were my Nanna's), but the handles are always coming off when I do the washing up.

Do you think I'll be in trouble if I buy a new sacuepan set for Wifey as a Christmas present??! :)

(Ouch! Imagine the bashing I'd get for being such a male chauvinist pig!)

11/08/2005 12:50:00 pm  
Blogger Riss said...

If she really wants them then they're a great present. But, you're right, you should probably have something else in there too that she's going to have some fun with.

I don't know whether Lyndal would be able to give me another great discount, but I could always ask if you like? Can't hurt!

With two new Scanpans and a set of three saucepans it cost me $65 x 5 (20% deposit and four weekly payments). I peeled the stickers off one of the frying pans last night and it was first advertised at $189 but I would have bought it at about $90.

Very happy with my bargain-hunting, I am.

11/08/2005 02:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home