Thursday, September 01, 2005

Headache, Headache, Pop-O-Matic Headache

It's always fun until somebody cries...

Hubby is home with a migraine.

I'm still here at work. I'm not trying to impress, just make sure that the day's work is out of the way before we start the next one.

I have scored brownie points big time with the IT dude, we'll call him Muzza, today and that boosts the ego. I had to set up a data projector for the first time in my life today and before the scheduled time I received a panicked call from someone else needing same equipment earlier in the day (no overlap, no worries) so off I go to set it up. After setting it up three different ways before it was right (specific location difficulties) I returned to pack it up and did so with success.

Of course when I come to set it up this afternoon the bleeping laptop, to connect it to, won't boot up. In a cyclical error within itself it thoroughly ruined my unblemished track record.

Thankfully a colleague asked me how I was doing and I replied "not so good" with a little stress showing in my voice and he proceeded to ask if there was anything he could do for me.

"Can you find me a spare laptop for the evening?"

"For you, I would climb the highest mountain, swim across the largest ocean, ford the widest stream..."

No joke. He actually said that.

And then he presented me with a laptop.

It worked.

I'm joyous.

Now I just have to get finished all that work that I missed while helping set up data projectors and laptops.

Staff members are happy.

And nothing else matters...

1 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

More than 'happy'; staff members are lovely!

And migraines are the devil's work.

9/06/2005 11:13:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home