Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Where are you?

As I said to my other half yesterday...

He called me from work yesterday morning, which is unusual because we try not to ring each other for fear of being accused of being on the phone all the time, and everything was fine. He called an hour later and from his mobile phone (even more unusual) hence my question.

He was on his way home with a migraine to keep him company. Poor thing.

He had taken his anti-nausea pills and his anti-headache pills so he just felt queasy instead of wanting to ask the train driver to stop so that he could, well, you know, and the pain had calmed to a dull thud.

I was amazed to find that he had attempted to do some chores while he was home. This was, of course, after sitting quietly (because lying down makes it worse) on the couch for a few long hours waiting to feel better. I got to the end of the driveway and the rubbish bins were out ready for the morning collection, he had done some of the dishes, folded the washing and was ready to help me bring the groceries in from the car when I arrived.

Isn't he a wonder?

I cooked dinner and he had a little bit, but that was mainly so that he didn't have a headache from sleeping on an empty stomach.

All this activity then had the knock-on effect of turning the evening into an early night for him while I made the arrangements for my girlfriends' partners to come over to our house on Friday night.

I'm going to a girlfriend's place on Friday and, with a few other invitees, we're having a girls night with sleep-over. This means that my friend's partner needs somewhere else to stay for the night. The other partners are also without their "girls" for the evening. We have spare beds at ours and so we have invited all the partners to our place to have a guys night with sleep-over.

That sounds fair to me.

The only complication is that it is my Dad's family birthday celebration the following day with a brunch which means that my partner and I have to finish everything quite early the next morning. It's the only time that we were all free over the weekend what with EG's work roster, and Boo's and Mum & Dad's other social engagements.

More later.

Que sera, sera...

1 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

I wish I was invited ...

Oh, wait. I am. That's right. :)

9/28/2005 10:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home