Friday, March 17, 2006

Thank-you

If this isn't love it's very close...

I'm touched. Thank-you everyone who stopped by, emailed, SMSed or sent me a card to wish me a happy birthday yesterday. That also includes Boo who managed to message me at midnight thereby just getting in on time. She has special dispensation due to her current circumstances so she was forgiven even before I switched my phone off as I went to bed on Thursday night.

Yes, I'm now, as Ms Tania D puts it, "Dirty Thirty". Why it is "Dirty" is beyond me but I'm sure someone helpful will explain. A special thank-you to Ms Tania, who is extreeemely well-organised but mildly technologically challenged, for SMSing me to apologise that my card would be late. (!) She is too beautiful. The sort that makes you want to be a better person... or just more organised.

Hmm, speaking of which, my sisters want to know what I want for my birthday. They were thinking maybe a ticket (or tickets?) to see Jamie Cullum at The Palais and were really excited that they hit on something I might like but I had to say no, thank-you. I did ask for his albums at Christmas, I know, but I've not had enough exposure to the music to really want to go along to a concert and have good money paid for it. I'd rather have a ticket to The Lion King instead except that I want to go with Al and I don't know when she's free yet to be able to organise it. (Honey? How's the schedule looking?) I also feel maybe that I've grown out of concerts. Sad, I know. I've decided that I don't like being deafened or not able to see the people I've paid to see perform because my seat's up in the gods or so far away that the performer/s are miniscule. I have a hard enough time trying to see things in everyday life without straining my eyes in a darkened room/hall/stadium. I know, I'm an old married woman. (But with not too much emphasis on the "old".)

Boo leaves for Germany tomorrow and I said that I'd try to find something that I wanted by the end of the day and let her and EHG know but there's really nothing on (apart, maybe, from The Boy from Oz which is waaay too expensive and I dislike "Arena Spectaculars" anyway) that I want to spend my money on just yet. Boo did suggest Hello Again at Chapel Off Chapel but I have issues with seeing that one (which I have promised to write about and will do shortly) that I don't think I will be able to get over.

I saw the latest offering from MTC on Monday night and will write about that one too - Ray's Tempest.

More sleep, that's what I need. Can I have some sleep for my birthday? Less Commonwealth Games and more sleep. (Games stuffing around with my television programs - thank goodness for Channel 2, that's all I'll say.)

...I can make the world safe for you, come and live over here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home