Friday, September 09, 2005

It's a Knockout

That's the name of the game...

I really do like my job. Especially on a day like this when it's nice and warm, and, it being Friday, there are not so many people around so it's a little quieter.

Today hasn't been all easy though. We've been having a few cabling problems today, have needed to take a few walks to fix things located at a distance and I'm down a staff member. I'm also about to be visited by a very needy customer who will be going overseas shortly. She is going to be taking a mobile phone with her so "will need some very urgent assistance" as she has not, to my knowledge, ever used one before and will be using overseas roaming on top of it all.

She stresses too much which can be a little exasperating.

We'll manage to get through all our work by the end of the day which will be good considering the hours I've been putting in recently. We might even be able to gather around the water cooler and talk about general stuff instead of struggling to make it out the door by five. Hurrah!

I'm looking forward to having take-away for dinner tonight.

I'll be able to get started on making a lemon cheesecake after that.

Cooking for friends is so much more fun than being at work. But I still enjoy my job.

Bork! bork! bork!...

2 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

How about cooking for me?

I think you enjoy that. You should do it more often.

:)

(Note, I'm being silly here - this is not pressure to cook for me! OK? No, seriously, put down that spatula!)

I hope you had a good Friday and weekend. I was in Geelong in meetings on Friday, and I must say it was good to leave the place and then hear they'd been beaten - marginally - by my hometown side of Sydney a few hours later!

Wifey's not well, but otherwise all is good. We watched some Muppets episodes on Saturday - it was the first chance we'd had to do so. All good! More to come on my own blog soon. I almost forgot I was only writing a comment here!

Sorry.

9/12/2005 04:49:00 pm  
Blogger Riss said...

I am very happy to cook for you, Bevis, and your Wifey too.

There's cheesecake left over but I managed to give most of it to our guests.

Sorry to hear that Wifey is not well, glad that you finally got to start watching your birthday present.

It's interesting to watch the development of character and calibre of special guest star as the series continues.

The Muppets are also interesting to watch in combination with the Broadway documentary on a Sunday evening.

9/13/2005 09:22:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home