Friday, September 02, 2005

People who need people

Are the luckiest people...

Woo-hoo! Bakstar's coming over tonight. Haven't seen her for years it feels like.

After spending some time in the UK doctoring the pets of the Poms* she has returned via a holiday in Africa and is requesting Fish and Chips for dinner. She said that you can't get decent Fish and Chips in England and she's hanging out for some from our local Fish and Chippery.

I agree with the Fish and Chips in England thing. There was way too much oil on that cod. (Grilled? What is "grilled" fish?)

Although I would love to be cooking some gastronomic extravagance I'm glad that I don't have to after the time I have spent here at work rather than at home this week.

If I'm feeling energetic I can always whip up a Chocolate Self-Saucing pudding for dessert, or maybe a rhubarb and raspberry pudding. Or a good chocolate fudge sauce over ice-cream would do just as well.

Mmm, chocolate...

She's bringing along photos so we'll have lots of those to look at while we catch up with what's been happening over the last however long it has been since we saw each other. I can tell by the postcards Bakstar sent from weird and wonderful African/Egyptian/European locations that my trip to Lorne on the Bellarine Peninsula last May will be rather insignificant by contrast.

I'm really glad she's back. I'll have someone to go with me to the movies that my husband doesn't want to see!! And I'll have an extended book library once again. I've really missed that.

Welcome back Bakstar!!


*I can say that because I married one**.

**A Pom, BEVIS, not a pet.

When you come home to me, I'll wear a sweeter smile...

1 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

You took all the fun out of this one for me by correctly pre-empting my smartarse comment!

9/06/2005 11:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home