Monday, September 05, 2005

I'll be so proud to call you mine

When finally you come home to me...

Ask me where my beautiful new bracelet is from. Go on. It's from Zanzibar! Bakstar brought it back for me as my birthday present. Thank-you!

Catching up was great! I don't think we stopped talking the whole time she was there. And the Fish and Chips wasn't bad either.

I didn't get to go to the theatre at all this weekend. Why? Because the show was SOLD OUT! And I didn't even mention the name of the thing. 'The Last Five Years' by Jason Robert Brown played this weekend (and last) and had been sold out for a week by the time Boo called to get tickets. This is a shame but I'm glad I had more of an opportunity for sleep. I also didn't get to go to "Songs For A New World" because I worked late (a lot) this week and my eyes voted for sleep instead.

I watched some of The Muppet Show instead and stayed up late but I was closer to my bed than if I had gone into Melbourne to see TL5Y. TL5Y probably would have finished earlier but I enjoyed my night in with the DVD player anyway. My husband now complains that he either has The Muppet Show theme or the Swedish Chef's song playing in his head.

UK Mum and Dad are moving house. Again.

They've only been in their current house since April 2004 but we can understand why they would consider moving (this time) because the house they are in is rather tiny. The only inner doors in the place are to the bathroom (which is squeezy) and the wardrobe. And there's the door to the Conservatory which they installed last Summer. Other than that it is Open Plan living with a mezzanine bedroom.

They went for a walk and saw this other house for sale in the same estate as their current property, put in an offer, and then realised that they would have to sell their own. Two weeks later their house is sold and they are hoping to move in to the new place by Christmas.

But they're really staying put this time! (They've moved house 4 times in the last 6 years so we're not holding our breath.)

Fathers Day was lovely. There were no Grandmas at dinner this time, just Mum & Dad, my sisters and I and all our partners. We were meeting EG's boyfriend for the first time and Dad has given him a 9 out of 10. We're waiting to see the other one to compare. Yes, EG has two on the go. This one was trying very hard to impress Mum & Dad and after dinner I thought we were all on an interview panel as he laid out his life story for us.

At one stage, EG, Boo and I all had partners with the same birthday so this is now the criteria for any new boyfriends that may last the distance (we're talking EG here, Boo is very settled). EG's new one has missed that date by a couple of weeks but he is still born in the same month, and he has the same name as Boo's partner. We're getting close.

So (if he lasts) it may be that we have to call them by their surnames, nicknames, or just D1 and D2.

Bananas, in pajamas, are coming down in pairs...

2 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

I think EG needs to find herself a third. If she can manage to find one with a different birth month and first name, all the better. Otherwise it's a bit scary.

(I don't know where you girls are doing your gentlemen shopping, but it might be wise to try a new supermarket!)

And tell hubby for me that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having the theme song to The Muppet Show playing in your head all the time!

(But then, I would say that.)

My whole life has its own soundtrack playing inside my head all the time, and at least three out of every five songs is a Muppet song.

*Mahna mahna!*

9/06/2005 11:20:00 am  
Blogger Riss said...

Doot-doo, doo-doo-do.

9/06/2005 06:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home